(817) 455-2263

Frequently Asked Questions

Am I entitled to Diminished Value?

In the State of Texas, you may be entitled to file a claim for diminished value on your vehicle if you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault. To determine if you are eligible complete our Online Eligibility Form.

Is the vehicle a lease vehicle?

If your vehicle is a lease vehicle that means that you don’t actually own the vehicle the lease company does. This means that if you would like to pursue a claim for diminished value you must first contact your lease company and request a letter from them authorizing you to pursue the claim in their behalf. This means that when the claim is paid by the insurance company the check will go directly to the lease company. It will be up to you to discuss with the lease company how this will affect your account at the end of the lease.

What if the negligent party in the accident does not have insurance?

If the other party does not have insurance but you carry uninsured motorist coverage on your policy than you may be able to file a diminished value claim on your own policy.

Who is working for me?

The consumer is usually pitted between the insurance company’s need to minimize their losses and the repair facilities need to make a profit. In fact many body shops are now working directly with insurance companies in what is called a Direct Repair Program.  These DRP’s are controlled by the insurance company and dictate to the body shops how the repairs will be completed.

The consumer needs an unbiased third party to assure that the repairs to their vehicle have been completed properly and the owner has not been short changed in the repairs.

That’s where Diminished Value of Texas comes in, we offer you professional services to help you understand the repairs completed and to assess the diminished value.

How long do I have to file a diminished value claim?

Texas Statute reads the statue of limitations on filing a diminished value claim is two (2) years from the date of loss.

Can I file suit against the body shop if my repairs are not completed properly?

You can contact an attorney in your county to determine if your claim warrants a legal case.

How do I recover all my losses?

To recover for diminished value, you should have an assessment of your losses on your vehicle.  Therefore, you should have a diminished value appraisal done on your vehicle as soon as possible after the repairs are completed.


Phone: (817) 455-2263


Monday to Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm